Beautiful 2 Bean Chilli
- 1 tbsp. ghee or butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red chilli with seeds chopped
- 100 g carrots grated
- 100 g mushrooms
- 2 handfuls kale remove the tough stalks
- 100 g tomatoes fresh
- 400 g chopped tomatoes this can be substituted with an extra 250g of fresh tomatoes
- 400 g black beans drained
- 400 g kidney beans drained
- chilli powder to taste
- parmesan to taste
- brown rice or mixed colour quinoa to serve
Melt the ghee or butter in a pan and add the garlic, onion and chilli and cook for a minute or two.
Add the carrot and mushroom and cook for a few more minutes whilst all the flavours release.
Add the fresh and canned tomatoes and kale and cook on a medium heat until the kale just starts to wilt.
Add both cans of beans and cook for a further 5 minutes to heat the beans through.
Add salt, pepper, chilli powder and parmesan if desired.
Serve on a bed of fluffy brown rice or mixed colour quinoa